Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #758
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
My favorite sleepers:

1) Gary Trent Jr. -- Don't know if it's fair to call him a sleeper because he will likely go in the lottery. I really want him on the Mavs. He's a freshman with an NBA pedigree shooting 46% from three on 6.2 attempts. He needs to work on ball-handling and defense, but he moves so well off the ball and coming off screens.

2) Tony Carr -- A point (really combo guard) with size who can switch defensively 1-3. Has a variety of scoring moves in the midrange and knows how to get to his spot. Needs to tighten up his handle. Has made a tremendous leap from his freshman year for an over-performing Penn State squad. You wonder if his jumper translates to next level because he's not great about setting his feet.

3) Keita Bates-Diop -- Reminds me a LOT of Josh Howard. You worry about his 'tweener build, but he has displayed vastly improved handles. He needs to show he can continue to improve his jumper so defenders can't just lag off him at the next level.

Need to add Alize Johnson to this list. Late bloomer. Athletic, wiry, feisty 6’9” small forward with underrated handles and vision. Fantastic rebounder and good defender. Offensively his game reminds me of Draymond. He plays with good pace and makes the right choices. We may need to package our second rounders to move up to get him.