View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #163
elec99

elec99 will become famous soon enough

I think this team was built and exists to play San Antonio. It is so focused on SA, it is an ever consuming almost-hatred deep inside. So much so that it loses focus that there are 28 other teams in the league that you have to play. We've lost our focus.

Last year we focused on having the best regular season record, forgetting about the stamina needed in the playoffs.

We ignored Golden State and sat our players in the last game last year, not giving them the respect you should give any opponent, knowing full well that losing to them meant playing them in the first round. We asked for them and they gave it to us.

It still shows today, when Stackhouse declared they didn't respect SA as much as other teams. You should, last I recalled we have no trophies. Stackhouse's cockiness traces back to his days in Philly where you think he'd been humbled when losing his starting position, but he has remained unchanged.

This is an endemic that starts at the top, from Cuban's cockiness to JT's stupid plane dance when he gets off. Didn't he hit someone with his fist going after a loose ball 2 playoffs ago? Yeah, classy.

These are issues fans generally ignore as long as we get the W, though I've never respected Cuban. Cuban wants to win, but not because he loves the game, only because it's a business. For him, the business just happens to be basketball. Next year it'll be baseball.

At this point, we don't need to focus on SA since we're beating ourselves.
elec99 is offline   Reply With Quote