View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 12:38 PM   #284
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I think the Mav's offensive system is one of KP's biggest problems. He ends up being the world's tallest shooting guard standing around on the perimeter.

Don't get me started about the defense. There is an option called a zone, and the Mavs do have an athletic defender named Green, but we already know how that option will play out.

The Mavs cannot outshoot opponents in a 7 game series playing no defense.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think it's the system that hurts KP

It's a flow offense which means Luka is going to find the open shooter

DFS and Kleber are left open more than KP so that's why KP repeatedly goes 5 minutes or more between shots unless the mavs call a designed play for him.

I will also say this while most fans might disagree KP doesn't really deviate from the offense by that I mean he rarely forces the issue he will move the ball quickly to try and find a player that has a better shot than him.

To me that is his biggest downfall because although he wants to fit into the system it makes him less aggressive in terms of getting up volume shots compared to say THJ

Dude shoots 38% from 3 but he really doesn't take as many 3's as people make it out to be

I think game 2 he took like 4 3's and yesterday was about the same amount

He's not out hoisting 8-10 threes per game which I think he needs to do in order to get more involved in this offensive system.

I also believe his Minutes need to stay around 28-32 which allows WCS to play more off the bench for defense.

Not top many people have mentioned him but WCS has been a positive influence defensively this series he just hasn't played enough minutes IMO

He's the only big agile enough to switch and recover

Also, I doubt they play zone but I agree it would help KP to stay closer to the rim for protection on defense and get him out of those switches were the clippers perimeter players feast on him much like Luka feasting on Zubac on the other end

It really can't hurt the mavs to use it somewhat because right not Kleber, DFS or THJ none of them are stopping Leonard or George in straight man or double teams

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-29-2021 at 12:40 PM.
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote