View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 04:55 PM   #31
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41
If he couldn't do that with Kyle Korver, and Iguodala helping him out in Philly, what makes you think he will do it in ATL?
Oh please Iguodola and Korver are overrated and have proved very little so far in their mediocre careers. They actually look a lot better than they really are since AI's pentration gets them easy open shots and layups. AI has got to be one of the most underrated players on this board, seriously. The guy can flat out play and will be a hall of famer one day. I don't understand he excessive hate for ai, he is one of the greats in the nba today. It was basically 1 vs 5 whenever a team played Philly since their whole defensive scheme was to shutdown AI. Yet he would still go for 30+ and hit some incredible shots with defenders all over him. Imagine what he could do if he had a real supporting cast. He gets the privelage of playing with a overpaid Dalembert, a Webber who is way out of his prime, Iguodala who was supposed to step up but didn't, and Korver who is so one dimensional it's scary.

I would do just about anything to get AI and Dirk on the same team except maybe giving up JHO. With AI on the team, Dirk would be able to get WAY more room to operate in thus making him more deadly. All the talk of AI not passing the ball is pure bullshit since he averages more than 6 assists a game despite having less talent around him than Kobe does.

Just looking at his playoff career averages of 30.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, 6.1 assists and 2.19 steals in 62 Playoff games makes me go wow.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote