View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 10:08 AM   #874
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure the West is as improved as people think. It's absolutely the only conference worthy of the finals, but I see either two or three teams falling out of the playoffs (LAC , UTA, and maybe MEM) and only one team that I'd gamble will move up into the playoffs (Minn). That leaves 1-2 spots for Dallas, Denver, or Lakers to move up. Wins will be hard to come by with 4 matchups against each Western team, but there are still 1-2 playoff spots up for grabs. Maybe more if there are injuries.

Potentially Improved
OKC - Can Westbrook play with PG? If so, they're at least on paper a much improved team.
MIN - Seriously got better. Coaching is terrible, but finally have talent at every position.
LAL - Still don't put them in the playoffs, but I can at least confidently say they're improved
DAL - Didn't lose anything significant. Added an exciting rookie star, but it may take a few years.
SAC - If Fox pans out, they are improved, but definitely not a playoff team. 32 wins last year and maybe 38 this year.

Stayed Pat
GSW - stayed pat. May actually play more for the playoffs than the regular season
SAS - Stayed pat. Still have the same issues as last year but another year on them.
HOU - Let's be honest. There is only one ball. That has the potential to cause issues and at the very least won't make them much better and could even backfire.
DEN - Milsap in. Galinari out. Not too exciting. At least they kept Jokic.
NOP - Did essentially nothing when they needed to address their guard situation. Not looking good for the Davis/Boogie pairing.
POR - Didn't do much
PHX - Jackson is the real deal, but that team is still a hot mess.

Got worse
LAC - Teodosic is talented and the real deal, but he's a slow euro. Clippers have been heading downhill for years.
MEM - Could be just as good or could be worse. Hard to tell, but they didn't get better.
UTA - They did the best damage control they could, but still took a hit losing one of their young core.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-14-2017 at 10:12 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote