Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #353
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Porter's back injury is scary, but I assume if we take him it's because some of the best orthopedic and neurosurgeons in the nation have seen his medical records and cleared him. If he's clear, he should be in play at #1. That being said, athletes don't traditionally do well with micro-discectomy operations so you definitely want to err on the side of caution.

Please just be as bad as possible Mavs... we want options.

I see this not just here on this forum, but everytime Porter Jr comes up on any forum. Everyone says "if the doctors clear him". I had a discectomy in my back, and after surgery, my follow up appointment with my doctor basically said "I'm prescribing you 6 weeks of physical therapy. I have some patients who were runners, and they say running is part of their life they can't give it up. I see half of those patients in here again for another surgery. If I were you, I would not run or jump again."

Technically, I was "cleared" to do whatever I wanted after my 6 weeks of physical therapy. I chose to start swimming instead of running & jumping. Not worth it to me. Herniated discs are incredibly painful & lifestyle altering.

Porter Jr will be cleared by the medical staff. Based on my experience with this, no way he'll ever be the same player again.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote