Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #141
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh...this report makes me kinda sick at my stomach. Much like the reports last year that jkiddo for kaman/davis was available but we turned it down.

Quote:
But they are also still strongly weighing whether it’s smarter to keep Josh Howard past the trading deadline. That would preserve the option to package Howard (who becomes an $11.8 million expiring contract for 2010-11 once his team option is picked up) with Erick Dampier (whose $13.1 million salary next season is fully unguaranteed) as a combo-pack of assets for an offseason trade splash.
Keep stinking dreaming. Just another way of being timid.

Quote:
Even if the odds of a sign-and-trade for someone from the LeBron/Chris Bosh stratosphere in July are small, Dallas will be undeniably tempted to preserve every possibility for a miracle, especially when you can legitimately question whether anyone it can acquire during the next three weeks can really close the gap between the Mavs and the mighty Lakers.
A miracle indeed and no way to run a business or a sports franchise.

Quote:
hesitant regarding Iguodala as well largely because of the four years and $56 million left on the Philly swingman’s contract after this season.
Hesitant being the operative word.

Quote:
The Mavs, remember, were reluctant back in November to take on the contract of Stephen Jackson, who wanted so badly to come to Dallas before Golden State traded him to Charlotte . . . and who would have been half as expensive as Iguodala.
Another timid move imo. Scared to upset the apple cart even though I expect Jackson would have been a great fit..

Quote:
The impact Jackson has had with the Bobcats actually leads you to wonder how much the Mavs now regret their refusal to gamble on Jackson, but recalling the reasons behind that reluctance helps explain why I’ve been advised more than once this week that Iguodala – as it stands with three weeks to go before the deadline – appears unlikely to be Dallas-bound.
This makes no sense. The only possible reservations that they should have had with Jackson was his mental stability, it doesn't correlate to Iggy at all.

Quote:
Another pertinent question: Would Iguodala’s all-around game as a perimeter sidekick to Dirk Nowitzki – infused with the sort of defensive prowess Dallas has historically lacked -- move the Mavs close enough to the Lakers’ zip code to justify the expense? Some NBA personnel experts would say yes, but more would say no.
I think the "experts" are wacko here. Having a starter who is just as studly defensively as marion would be stellar.

Quote:
Which might only give Cuban more encouragement to hang onto to both of his biggest chips at this trading deadline and save his assets for the summer, knowing that any substantial deadline move would almost certainly require the inclusion of Howard.

"We always try to position ourselves to be opportunistic and we think we've got some scenarios that we can be that way," Cuban said Sunday. "So we'll see."
Spinmeister on this one.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote