Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #144
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

dude, I supported, and still support Dallas' choice to pass on Jackson. Would he be better than what Josh is giving us now? Sure. But Dallas needs to be targeting players who can give them more than what Josh used to give them. Dallas-centric career highlights aside, Jax is not, nor has he ever been, consistently at that level.

I'm also not sure I see the parallel to the Kidd for Kaman/Davis rumors. My memory of those is that they were coming from the Clips' side and that Dallas never seemed to even consider taking on Baron's contract. Especially with Kaman playing poorly and rarely at the time.

I'm in agreement with you that Iggy's salary should not be deterrent, though. *If* Josh for Iggy were on the table (and we don't know that it is, frankly) I'd very much hope the Mavs would take it, because I think he'd be worth the investment.

Quote:
They offered Josh/Gooden/JJB for Martin and were turned down by the Kings
That trade could never have been on the table as the salaries don't even come close to working.