Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 12:45 AM   #149
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
dude, I supported, and still support Dallas' choice to pass on Jackson. Would he be better than what Josh is giving us now? Sure. But Dallas needs to be targeting players who can give them more than what Josh used to give them. Dallas-centric career highlights aside, Jax is not, nor has he ever been, consistently at that level.
I actually would have passed on Jackson as well but mainly because I think he's a nutcase. But a jackson for howard?? well as a monday morning qb it's a good deal now.

Quote:
I'm also not sure I see the parallel to the Kidd for Kaman/Davis rumors. My memory of those is that they were coming from the Clips' side and that Dallas never seemed to even consider taking on Baron's contract. Especially with Kaman playing poorly and rarely at the time.
You are correct except that deal looked to me to be a way to greatly change the team for the better and of course Kaman was going to be a gamble. I would certainly do it now and of course every trade is a "bet" on the future. I do believe it should have been taken however and still do, assuming it was out there and I expect it may have been at that time, but who's to know.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote