Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #171
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
That would seem like an absolute no-brainer dream scenario. I do not know much about Dalmebert but he certainly looks like a very viable replacement for Gortat but at a whole lotta mo' money.
I believe it would be, too. What I like specifically about that deal is that we'd trade the same amount of players with the same position. Iggy would take Josh's place and clearly improve us while Dalembert would take Gooden's role and probably be just as good, if not better, at least defensively. In addition, Dalembert's contract expires in 2011, so a year from now we'd have another massive expiring contract to use. The DUST chip would still be intact to use it this summer, on its own or with the necessary filler material depending on the needs.

Another aspect is that, presuming Damp will be back after being cut by the other team, we'd have a center combination of Damp/Dalembert for 2010/2011 which would somewhat allow us to go for the best available player with the DUST chip and not the one we need the most, e.g. a center. That would be a nice bonus.

As far as the rumored deal with Sacramento is concerned, doing something like Josh/Gooden/JJB for Martin/Nocioni would clearly improve us at the 2/3 positions, but we'd lose our backup 1 and 5. Who would be our guys for those positions then? Singleton, Najera or even Dirk as center? One way or the other, it wouldn't be promising to say the least. JJB has been heavily criticized recently, but he's still useful every now and then and not as bad a backup as some say he is. As much as I enjoy seeing Beaubois on the court, I don't think that he's ready to be backup point guard on a contender.

Long stories short, I think that a Iggy/Dalembert for Josh/Gooden/Carroll deal is almost as good as it gets right now and would improve us without weakening our bench in any way. The DUST chip would still be in place and next year we'd have another huge expiring thanks to Dalembert.

Would this have to be the move? Clearly not. It would be the first step in our two-step dance to championship glory (hopefully).

Would it be expensive? Clearly yes, but we have to be "generous" anyway since there's probably no other way to significantly improve our team. And, as mentioned before, if it could be reasonably explained to Dirk after all those important trades that it would help financially if he opted out and signed for, say, $12-15 million instead of $20+ million, he would probably do it.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote