Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 02:21 AM   #174
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Ultimately when your worth 2.xx billion dollars the money is not an issue, but I'm sure Cubes doesn't want to feel like the owner who spends the most money who has nothing to show for it. I can understand that if I was in his position. I think that's been his position all along, he'll spend money when it makes sense. Of course there are going to be times when many of us forum posters feel it does make sense when maybe he and Donnie don't. As far as Dalembert I seem to recall the MBT not being big on him in the past, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
I agree that we should only spend money when it's reasonable, even though it's impossible to look into the future and judge a player's value before he actually plays for your team. With that said, a lot of other teams' fans, despite showing their dislike for Cuban, would probably love to have that kind of an owner who is willing to do whatever it takes to win a championship. Even if it didn't work out after spending a lot of money, Cuban could still say that he tried as hard as he could to make a championship happen (which would be very respectable in my book). That's all we can ask for, and that's all any fan of any team can ask for. I'd much rather fail after trying than fail after not trying.

Iggy's contract is huge, but he has qualities that could certainly help us. Dalembert's contract is big as well, but it runs out in 18 months and could probably be used in a trade as soon as next February. It's not a lifetime commitment. Not to mention that it doesn't hurt our financial flexibility anyway since we're not even close to being under the cap in the foreseeable future.

With Josh and Damp's expiring contracts, it might really come down to how much Cuban is willing to spend his money.

Last edited by dalger; 01-31-2010 at 02:23 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote