View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 05:27 PM   #86
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Dude went into the armed services mentally ill.
I am 100% pro gun ownership and own a gun myself for target practice and self defense
I will never understand this self defense/protection argument.

If you want it for protection, you need the gun near. Unlooked. Unsafe. Kid picks it out of your purse, side table etc and boom. You keeP it save locked up? Then its no protection. Its either "feeled" protection or unsafe, so what is it you are exactly gaining here?

Ah yeah and if the day comes you may still lose. And instead of some material crap you lose your life because things excalated.

Im a german living in brazil. I would never ever even think about trying to defend me here from a thug. Even if its a way smaller teenager with a knife. There is no reason risking your life over some stupid replaceable material things like ur cell, wallet or insured car...sure, a lot of americans will call it weak, no guts, not defending "ur freedom"...i call it the smart decision.

Quote:
but the dangerously mentally ill, domestic abusers, and suspected terrorists should have at least a speed bump before getting their rifles and hundreds/thousands of rounds of ammo. We certainly can't stop all psychos from getting guns, but at least at some point we have to admit that making it harder for them-- even slightly-- wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, even if it means that the rest of us have to wait a couple of days to buy a gun.
Improved background checks etc wont change a thing. This people buy then their weapons still dirt cheap on the black market. You have to ban the sales and kill the black market, thats the only way to prevent most of the guys from at least getting their hands on assault weapons. Australia banned guns in 1996. The Sandy hook Bushmaster (less than 1000 bucks in the usa) costs there way over 30000$ on the black market. You think the guy yesterday, the colorado or the Sandy Hook guy, could have handed out this amount of cash?

Thats how you do it. Thats the only way. Ban the shit and dry out the black market until the prices skyrock...then you get lucky when the nutjobs "just" buy normal pistols etc on the black market and kill 4-5 people instead of 40-50

Last edited by sefant77; 11-06-2017 at 05:33 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote