View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 02:20 AM   #59
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Wizards are preparing to sell really low on Porter to try to be free agency players this summer. Something like Wes/Powell/fake 1st that dissolves into one or two 2nds is probably about the best they're going to do unless the trade market really heats up.

Other suitors/deals I think are plausible (assume some kind of protected first unless mentioned otherwise):
  • Milwaukee: Could offer George Hill (largely non-guaranteed salary of $3M next year) plus a pick
  • New Orleans: Can't offer the same immediate summer 2019 salary relief, but could offer something like Mirotic/Solomon Hill, plus some kind of 1st that would definitely be more valuable than any pick Milwaukee can include
  • Memphis: I think they could similarly show some desperation in an attempt to make the playoffs; however, it's tough to find a trade for OPJ that doesn't include Parsons. Probably not worth it for the Wizards, and both teams would need a third team (Hawks?) to get involved and take on Parsons.
  • Indiana: I love the Pacers as a potential deadline buyer. They have about $60M in expiring contracts. They could do something like Tyreke/Darren Collison for OPJ, or could make the deal better by including McDermott (a useful and affordable shooter, the steady kind of player the Wizards should be looking at during what will ostensibly be a full rebuild) for Satoransky if they feel they need a little extra guard depth. Indy will probably be in the mix for just about every quality player on the trade block that they're interested in next month at the deadline.
  • Utah: Favors/Sefolosha works, and I think you're better off with a player like OPJ playing the 4 next to Gobert. Having a reliable shooter in the second units would unlock Ingles as a playmaker there. Favors is totally non-guaranteed for 2019, but he could also start at center for the Wizards if they choose to try to stay competitive.
  • Philly: Uh.... I kind of love this dumb idea: Wilson Chandler and Markelle Fultz for OPJ. I'm an agent of chaos.

I'm sure some random team will come out of the woodwork and trade for Porter sometime in the next few weeks, which means I just wasted half an hour on the trade machine, but this is always a fun time of the year anyway.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote