View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 03:23 PM   #87
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I get where people are going with McDermott... we would probably run the exact sets for OPJ that we did with Doug when he came here and shot like 52% from three. I bet we could get Porter to 42% from three on 7-8 attempts per game. If he can do that and play his typical standard of defense, he'd be the 2nd best player on our roster right now.

For those bemoaning the loss of cap flexibility for the summer of 2020.... who in that class do you want us to pursue instead? Not a very strong class. Should we really turn down a quality starter (albeit a slightly overpaid one) because we're going to sign Anthony Davis?
OPJ could actually be a good trade asset, as a large soon- to- be expiring who can actually play, if a star changes teams in the next couple years.

I'm with Sefant, in that I'd only deal for OPJ if Powell is outgoing on our end. Then you are effectively paying Porter 17m next season, and the following season he opts out or is a large salary matching expiring contract. Barnes is likely opting out, preserving a max-ish spot just in case, assuming DAJ is back in the neighborhood of 15-17m. Or we could make a big offer for Vucevic and spend the leftover on a PF or SG.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote