View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 06:24 PM   #41
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
in LOSS to Heat - Dennis Smith Jr - 18min - 12 points, 4 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 2TO
Previously, in first game back versus Raptors, coming off bench backing up Mudiay:

LOSS: 20 minutes, 7 points on 11 shots (1/4 3s) 1 assist, 2 turnovers, -13.

Quote:
Speaking for the first time since a back injury forced him out of six straight games, Dennis Smith Jr. said an MRI uncovered some displaced discs and inflammation but he doesn’t seem concerned about the long-term outlook.

The 21-year-old, who was recouped from Dallas in the trade for Kristaps Porzingis, participated in portions of practice Wednesday and is listed as questionable for Thursday’s game against the Raptors.

His availability is contingent on how his back responds to an uptick in activity.

“I don’t know exactly what happened,” Smith said. “I can’t tell you what happened. I just know it wasn’t right, went and got my MRI’s and the doctors saw it and they decided I should sit for a little while until I’m healthy.

Smith is among only five Knicks players with fully guaranteed contracts next season, so his development – and health – takes some degree of precedence.

Many questions concerning Smith remain unanswered going into the Knicks’ fateful summer of 2019:
  • Can he be counted on as a point guard of the future? (No.)
  • How will his presence shape decisions about point guards in the draft and free agency? (Draft best player possible, PGs step right up.)
  • Can this back issue be dismissed as minor and irrelevant, or is there a concern about recurrence? (Fragile.)
Prior to the injury, Smith averaged 14.6 points and six assists on 41.6 percent shooting during his 17 games with the Knicks , but he’s unsure how or why his back flamed up.

“I don’t know man, I’m just playing man. I’m on the floor and all kind of things happen, so I can’t tell you exactly what it was,” he said. “It might have been an accumulation of things. It happened. It was unfortunate. But I’m working right now to try to get back.”
Update: DNP in WIN v. Bulls
Update: DNP/Injured in LOSS v. Magic

Knicks with 4 games left to play. Smith's maximum Games Played this year will be 55.

Durability is going to be a concern for potential trading partners whenever the Knicks start shopping him. And they will.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 04-04-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote