View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 09:28 AM   #818
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
I REALLY disagree with this post and sentiment.
What happened to the 'downvote' feature?

Gloomy days for the NBA. These teams at full strength would've been a great match-up. Two teams with different styles, with individual elite players. I wouldn't necessarily have favored GSW either. Toronto had been through the fire in the series versus Philly (with the series-clenching buzzer beater) and Milwaukee (with the gritty 2OT win), and was playing with momentum. GSW seemed like they'd been holding back all year, waiting for the playoffs, internal squabbling, never quite hitting their full stride. A Raptors championship would've been fine with me.

But Durant's injury (and the Toronto crowd's reaction to it; c'mon, I KNOW Canadians are better than that) just puts a big cloud over the series and the season. Whether anyone wanted to admit it or not, there was going to be a big asterisk beside a Raptors' championship with Durant sidelined, just like there has always been an asterisk beside the Warriors' championship versus Cleveland when Kyrie went down, and by CP3's injury last year. Win by attrition, lose by attrition.

Really hate to see an elite player like Durant injured. (In normal times, this would've happened AFTER the Knicks signed him to an ultra-mega-super-deluxe contract.) Will be interesting to see the fall-out. Was he pressured to return? Did he put pressure on himself? Is that kind of "calf injury" as a precursor to a ruptured Achilles even the kind of thing that can heal without surgical intervention? Was that Achilles injury always going to be there, just waiting to happen? In Durant's shoes, I can't imagine that I would have returned with a huge payday waiting.

Raptors beating GSW Scrubs (plus Curry and Thompson) is a lackluster end to the season.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 06-11-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote