View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 09:38 AM   #76
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it people always resort to "per 36" fantasy stats to bolster an argument for a player who can't get actual playing time? Why don't people just make a realistic assessment of what's keeping a player off the floor? I still remeber the abusrdity from several years ago of people projecting Raef LaFrentz's numbers greatness on a Per 48 basis; problem was, of course, that he was fouling at a rate that would limit him to maybe 31-32 minutes.

Doing a quick eyeball of Jackson's numbers over the last 3 years, shows that when he gets ~30mpg, he averages ~10ppg. Only when you look at his absolute best scoring games does he manage to average 15-ish; can't necessarily tell to what extent these were garbage numbers in blowouts. He's got a very nice (if somewhat old-mannish) 3-pt shot, and a variety of soft-touch shots. The 3-pointer looks a little low and a little slow, and remains to be seen if he can get it off consistently against tight defense.

So what keeps him out of the starting lineup, and off the floor? Defensive inattention? Lethargy on the defensive end of the floor? Slow-footedness? Physical weakness? Take your pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
per 36 stats this year

Harrison Barnes
17pts
5reb
1 steal
1.4 turnovers
50% FG
39% from three
80% from FT

Jackson
18points
7rebounds
1 steal
0.6 turnovers
50% FG
47% from three
82% from FT

I mean Jackson is criminally underplayed, but he seems to be at least on par even if we just traded Jackson for Barnes. Jackson is a better three point shooter, better rebounder, turns it over less, and shoots freethrows better.

Add Wright who we got via the $$ we saved, and I'd say we won that Barnes trade personally.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 12-03-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote