View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

We have socialize medicine today.

We also have private insurance in many instances.

I have personally benefitted from both.

I've been broke, heck I was broke with no insurance when both of my kids were born. Guess what, the hospital did a great job of taking care of my wife and the birth of both of my sons...I was UNinsured at the time.

I have also moved on a served in the military and received Military Medical care for myself and my family. It was good...provided you like waiting endlessly and the bed manner was not always the best...but medically they got the job done.

Now, i'm with a company that has insurance, and my family and I have recieved quality medical care...with choices.

Sometimes, I wonder if all this "Socialized Medicine" is simply a scare tactic used by the left. How much more coverage do they want to tax people with?

If you want to do something pro-active, why not provide a tax break for people who pass a yearly physical? Make it a genourous tax break...how about a $5000 yearly deduction if you pass the physical. Use a military standards...how about a yearly PT-Test.

By the way, I would most likely fail this test today...but you better believe if it was an option...I would find that extra motivation to get to that fitness level. Allow people who qualify for this deduction to also take a tax credit for certain fitness purchases (Gym Memberships, fitness equipment, etc...) Again, to get these credits, one would have to actually pass a Health Exam/PT - Test.

Healthy people are a lower health risk, thus they cost the system less money in the long run.

Heck, one could push this out and provide tax deductions/credits for purchasing certain health foods...you know all those 'Green Organic foods' the real expensive stuff that's a pain in the rear to plan/organize/budget for in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

So what do you say...are tax breaks for a healthy lifestyle a possible solution that Republicans and Democrats could agree on?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote