View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

wow.. that sounds soooo commie!

FWIW, my wife had my first daughter while i was unemployed (and finishing off my dissertation) and at the time we paid a little less than $600/month to "cobra" our health insurance from her previous job.

she ended up having serious complications with the pregnancy, and was mostly in the hospital for 6 weeks, and had the baby at only 28 weeks (40 weeks is "full term") and 2 pounds, so my daughter was in the neo-natal intensive care unit for almost two months.

We had an HMO through Kaiser --- and ended up paying about $100 bucks in co-pays for whothehellknowshowmuch in total medical bills (We never received bills-- but it had to be well into six-digits territory)

$600 bucks/month seemed DAMNED expensive at the time--- and ended up being the best money we have ever spent.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote