View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 12:26 PM   #463
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Wood is hard to watch now because they screwed him all season. He averaged 21/11/2.5 in January with 34 mpg only to be totally shafted when they couldn't trade him to 19 mpg.

What exactly was he supposed to do more to keep his position/minutes? This setting a pick bs is the same dog shit I heard when people defended playing Dampier over Drew Gooden. Damp couldn't catch a fucking basketball. bUt He SeTs PiCks.

Of course Wood sucks now. They've done everything in their power to disrespect him. I honestly believe they actively want him to be bad so they can justify not keeping him this summer. They never had any intention of keeping him no matter how well he played.
Are you just going to address the picks? By the way, very crucial sequence to start the 4th where it absolutely impacted the game and Wood's minutes, so let's not just tYpE a rEsPonSe as it does not give near enough credit as to why he might not be playing as much.

We all like to pile on Kidd and the FO, but the actual player has been playing like shit since the injury and the attitude has slid downhill, too. We can come up with all the reasons why, but in the end, they are just excuses for the player's poor play.

Pretty easy from our vantage point to simply say start Wood and the problems and holes in his game will magically disappear. Bottom line, if we are going to hold coaching and FO accountable, we cannot turn a blind eye when the player isn't cutting it, either. What gets most confused is that we don't have a clear cut other option and it feels like the team is stuck. But again, it has to be on Kidd and the Mavs, and not the guy who hasn't stuck with any team throughout his career? Something ain't right about that. Please don't get that confused with defending Kidd, I'm beyond that.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote