View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #97
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I don't like Iggy's lack of outside game, not at all. I like the fact JJ may not drive much, but gets close jumpers.

My question is this: which would adjust better to coming to Dallas. Who could take the best advantage of the doubles on Dirk or the ball movement by Kidd or the drive and kicks by Roddy? I'd think Iggy start driving more, because he has an attack mentality. Johnson seems to have a jump shot mentality.

Personally, I'd prefer a player who can slash, cut and finish strong over a spot up jump shooters, because the former is much harder to find.
And I'm more interested in having a player that can create offense himself. Johnson CAN spot up for the jump shot, making him a better fit to play off a player like Dirk, but he can also create his own offense, which would take more pressure off Dirk.

If they were the same level of player, I could maybe see the argument in getting the player better at attacking the rim, but they're not, so give me the better player who still fits pretty well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote