View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 02:57 PM   #2707
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Looks like Brunson himself has gone public with his version of the non-extension. I personally am happy where the Mavs are as I'm sure the Knicks feel the same. In the end, Brunson got paid a lot more and gets to run his own team. No one ever mentions the hiring of his dad and uncle/godfather or whatever as a pretty key detail in him going to NY.

Regardless, another anecdote of the failure of the previous FO, namely Donnie Nelson. First for not tacking on the 4th year on a 2nd round pick, and then again for allegedly turning down the initial early extension twice.

I'm glad to have Nico and a lesser version of Cuban.
I haven?t seen the interview or paid any attention to the story, but Nico took over in the summer before Brunson?s last season, so wouldn?t it be him instead of Donnie that turned down the extension before the season and at the deadline? Also, ?not tacking on the 4th year? he was here for 4 years.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote