View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #504
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
i can't believe i may accidentally be defending a post by 92dad...

believe it or not, i was in a harassment/discrimination seminar just yesterday (it was for EVERYONE at my company, i didn't do anything), and this very topic came up. Political views are actually NOT one of the protected categories (like race, gender, age, religion, disability, etc.). I'm not saying someone couldn't sue and possibly make some money and maybe get it added to the protected categories... but right now, it is not one of them.
In Texas - a right to work state - it is my understanding that as long as it is called a layoff, and the company is willing to pony up for the unemployment --- that they can basically remove someone from employment without a disclosed reason.

Now, if someone that got canned had that email, then I would think they could win a few months pay at least though.

I'd bet there is a lawyer that reads this site that could give better information than I though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote