View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 07:59 AM   #64
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
"7. Mavericks -- Impossible because Devin Harris just signed a big extension (making him impossible to trade) and I can't imagine why the Nets would want to touch Jason Terry's contract (five years, $48 million remaining) or Erick Dampier's contract (4 years, $41.5 million remaining). You could argue that "Terry + a giant expiring contract + two No. 1 picks would be a decent haul," but the Mavs don't have one of those Theo Ratliff-like expiring contracts and their No. 1 picks aren't appealing, anyway. So they're out."

no one would want to touch JET's contract.
To the underlined argument of Simmons, David Lord of DB.com wrote:
Quote:
Simmons didnt do his homework at all. Or maybe he did it, and did it wrong.

Because of the size of Kidd's contract, a Kidd trade for Harris wouldn't be a challenge in the least.

In a Kidd-for-Harris deal, the Mavs could simply add $11.71M (or more) in contracts and the deal would work. And if the Mavs wanted to do so, they have the option to create an expiring contract with Keith Van Horn in any precise amount up to $16.689M, meaning they also would have more-than-enough (and exactly the right size) expiring filler if they wanted to do the deal and could agree on talent.

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote