View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #394
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
It generally doesn't matter.

I only brought it up because of sike's comment that it's natural to dislike someone that's better at your game than you are. The implication being that any disrespect of Dirk is fueled by jealousy.
This hits literally closer to home than most of you know. Some of the dislike for Dirk was fanned from within the team itself. I remember watching the Mavs when Dirk and Steve began to play well and gradually became the face of the francise. This was not taken well by a certain player who began to poison other players. After Nash left there were times when it seem the only time Dirk was not being frozen out was when he was playing with the rookies or Stack. Remember when the year before He won the MVP and he was in the conversation for MVP and one of his own teammates said that he didn't deserve it. Who ever heard of a teammate making such a statement. This same teammate once the real instigator was gone became Dirks biggest supporter and on court partner. That instigator had also earlier spoke against Dirk to the media for calling out Damp during the playoffs. This helped validate the anti-Dirk media attack led by Peasent Charles ( he is no Sir to me).

They finally got rid of the snake who poisoned others against Dirk and his name was Finley. And it was all caused by jealousy and envy.Before Dirk and Nash arrived he was the only Allstar. Then he was aced out because the team didn't warrent three Allstars. It was totally his team before Dirk arrived. Dirk is very neive as evidenced by his personal relationships. He doesn't know when some one is stabbing him in the back so he doesn't defend himself. This makes him an easy mark.

Last edited by wilmtalk; 07-02-2009 at 07:17 AM.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote