View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #16
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's possible to make the trades Mac proposed... Deron or Bogut (or Wes or Barnes) would have to be included if we wanted to acquire Tyson and Bledsoe. From a cap perspective, that's a tough trade to pull off without losing a member of this year's core.

On top of that, Isaac Harris botches the Stepien Rule. Since the 2016 draft has come and gone, our 2017 first-rounder is fair game in a trade; we just can't trade 2017 AND 2018 right now (or 2018 and 2019, etc). At this point, you'd have to think the MBT has learned a lesson about trading them.

I'm hopefully that this team is going to be very competitive night-in and night-out this year (I personally hope to see us as a top-10 team in terms of rebounding and defensive efficiency), but if the wheels come off in mid-December and we're dropping in the standings, I think we're more if a candidate to sell off players to a contender than we are to take pieces from a non-contender.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote