View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #19
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogle View Post
I think I know what Cuban is planning to do next summer. The Mavs have enough cap room to sign only one star off free agency, but that won't stop them from acquiring two. Most likely, they'll sign one big free agent (like Rudy Gay). Then they'll use the remaining cap room to trade for another star. A trade would allow the Mavs to acquire a player worth 50% more than their remaining cap room.

Unfortunately, the Mavs don't have the assets to acquire a legitimate star in a trade. Without assets, the only "stars" they'll acquire are of the overpaid variety. Acquiring overpaid stars via salary dump... that's The Bank of Cuban circa 2003. The only overpaid "star" available in a pure salary dump will be David Lee. That's really the only realistic way Dallas can add two "stars" next summer.

Dirk Nowitzki. Monta Ellis. Jose Calderon. David Lee. Rudy Gay. That's where this 2-year plan is headed. With a team like that, they might as well bring Don Nelson out of retirement.
So David lee would be your center? I'm thinking that group with a Cousins,Larry Sanders, or Javelle McGee. I don't really like a Lee/Dirk combo