Thread: Nerlens Noel
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 03:16 PM   #1081
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Nerlens is probably looking at another one-year "prove it" kind of deal next season, except this time it will probably be for even less money. I'm just not sure if he'll sign with a team like GSW/SAS with a great coach and a stable system that can provide a consistent (albeit likely limited) role, or if he'll go to a lottery type of team that he can get more minutes on like the Nets or Hawks or someone like that.

All things considered, I would be totally fine bringing him back here for another year to see if he and Rick can get on the same page and we can have another go at molding him into our backup center. He is very far from a perfect player, but I like how disruptive he can be on defense, even if he makes almost as many mistakes as good plays. I kind of view him as a defensive big version of a volume bench shooter, where he can have value in the right role but shouldn't be a 30mpg guy because of the mistakes.
That problem is that backup defensive bigs just don't ever seem to get the time of day under Rick. And we have Salah that fills that role...who also doesn't get playing time.

I almost wish we'd draft Bamba just to see what Rick does with him.

I think Rick has done a good job developing young guards, but I'd like to see the same with big men. He has done well with Powell, but still seems to yank his minutes when other players like DFS are healthy.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote