Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 06:42 PM   #391
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm not sure where you're getting that he looked washed with the Nets. He averaged nearly 5 assists a game. That is not washed. And if he can get back to 2021 level or close to it- in which he was most definitely not washed- then I can see him being a valuable part of the rotation.

You don't see the perks? He's a ball handler/playmaker, and the Mavs need one very badly. Having Luka and Dinwiddie as the only playmakers on the team is not a recipe for success.

Maybe he's a last resort type of move, but I feel like we're kind of in a last resort situation already. We have almost nothing in the way of trade assets.

Edit: I could be wrong, but I really don't think the Mavs are pursuing him just because he's Luka's buddy. I don't think they just want another cheerleader to replace Boban. I think they believe that Dragic has some real basketball left in him.
I can't speak on his stats. I'm just speaking on the DNP's he racked up and watching him play. He just looked like a players on his last legs. I think the second to last game I saw him play in the playoffs....he had a great game...but for the most part his time last year was MID...he's in ring chasing mode....

I think they have a few trade pieces......Would a team be interested in your 1st and Tim? Maybe not. DFS and Kleber both have solid contracts. We know they probably won't net much in return..Powell is a expiring deal. They can get creative.

I dont' know I guess I just sort of have a bad taste in my mouth with how they typically go about free agency......the Bullock's of the world. If they're in desperate mode now then Dragic wouldn't be bad but are we talking about vet. minimum here?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote