View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 04:08 AM   #90
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC
Yeah but to suggest that Howard would ever be Paul Pierce is ludicrous. Pierce is shooting 50 percent from the field. It begs the question who would put the mavs over the top. Paul Pierce or Ron Artest if you had one move to make which one would it be?
Yes, suggesting that Howard could cosistently put up Pierce like statistics could be a bit optimistic considering his role to this team and the Mavericks current style of play. However, tonight he scored 29 points in 29 minutes so we certainly cannot rule out the possibility that, if given the opportunity, Howard could flourish.

I'm simply stating that while trading Howard for Pierce is clearly an upgrade, it is not enough of an upgrade to risk destroying the type of chemistry this team is playing with.

On the other hand, I do believe we could trade other pieces that have a lesser impact on the overall performance of the team (KVH, Daniels, etc.) and make ample strides of improvement while not risking much in terms of team chemistry. This makes for an ideal scenario in which I would comfortably and confidently pull the trigger on a potential trade.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 01-15-2006 at 04:11 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote