Thread: Luol Deng?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #99
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Confidence is a great thing, I agree, but I think getting a quality center is a much bigger priority this offseason. I'd like Deng, but I think he's going to be asking upwards of $15M per, and I just think that's too much when you can get quality role players at 1/3 that salary.
I agree that center is top priority and much scarer commodity to come by. I could see Deng turning down a slightly bigger offer from a non playoff type team to sign with a team like Dallas. Also any team that gives Deng more than 12-13 per is foolish. If Chandler was deemed unworthy of that kind of contract by MBT why would deng fit the profile any better? Different circumstances thisntimemaround I guess. More financial flexibility and lingering sense of desperation. Deng is really really good but who wouldn't rather have contract whore Ariza at half the price?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote