Thread: Luol Deng?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #107
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
i think that we need to separate calderon and ellis(because they have starter's salary and they don't play together) and the only way is a trade,right now.

the cavs take Deng for bynum(= marion's contract) and picks(probabily only seconds rounds)...
I think Ellis is fine at the SG spot, but you really need a solid defender at PG, especially in the west where it seems like every other team has an all-star caliber PG. I think if Harris comes back and plays well (especially on D), he may even supplant Calderon as starter - and I think that could be a HUGE difference.

I would be hesitant to trade Calderon or Ellis just because the offense is so efficient (6th in the league right now). The Mavs could probably gain a few additional wins without making any lineup changes if they just played at a faster pace.