Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #155
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Only a statistician would say that losing to a team by 1-3 points means that we'd win games against them in the future, particularly when you compare the clutch statistics in each of those games and also take into account that even with a miniscule sample size, we're roughly as good at home as we are on the road. Milwaukee only lost to us by 2 in Dallas and are better at home than on the road. Does that mean that Milwaukee has a good chance of beating us in Milwaukee?

Also, I don't know how you can immediately group games together like playing in Chicago being equal to playing Memphis at home-- a team that is only 4-5 (.444) when playing there.
So how much do you really believe this stuff about our homecourt being worse than other teams or the Mavs specifically being bad against good defenses? Like do you really think we're less than 50% to beat the Spurs Saturday or are you just posturing for the sake of argument? If I could make the bet now with someone completely reliable, I'd be ecstatic to take the Mavericks even money to win that game for a large amount of money.

Last edited by iggymcfly; 12-18-2014 at 04:13 PM.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote