Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 12:06 PM   #26
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Poor Ayton is already being compared to Olowokandi...sigh.

I think generational players can change the game/rules if they are good enough. But of course, those are hard to find if you ever do. So what you guys are really trying to say is that it's hard to know who will be a star or not. That's every player in the top 10 in a good draft.

In the last 15 years, who did you know for sure would be a superstar coming from the draft? I'd say only Lebron James.
Yeah it's only Lebron. Nobody else had that kind of absolute can't miss stuff. Even Lebron though I don't think you could say 100% would be a superstar. Because there are still those stories of guys like Beasley who just didn't have the work ethic, Guys like Kwame Brown who may or may not have been ruined by Michael jordan's ego. Guys like Petrovic who was on the rise and was taken in a terrible accident, he wasn't drafted high but the example was more for just how off the field things can take a career as well. Jay Williams as well with the motorcycle accident. A guy like Petrovic in today's nba would be a top 10 player IMO no question. He was ahead of his time shooting 45% from 3 and 50% from the floor before the 3pt era truly took off.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote