View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 08:09 AM   #110
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Do you really want to go down this road? Because it comes with a lot of reading I’m happy to share with you, documentaries, movies and, in general, homework. It will still ultimately come down to a decision you will have to make after reading, watching and studying (and yes, a lot of that reading will certainly point to the Bible, it’s many manuscripts, archeological finds proving the Bible does correspond to historical reality, consistency and coherence despite many different authors over many centuries, etc). I wish there was (would’ve made it easier for me too), but there’s no AHA moment. There will always be a leap of faith involved that will need to be made by you..

Yes please! Im a science guy, so i really love facts, you know? Cant wait to read some good explanation why the Big Bang Theory is bullshit and "god" created everything snipping his hands for seven days.

Would also love to read the facts about Moses recieving the 10 commandments. In this story it always annoyed me that he claimed it but was alone on that hill. But maybe i missed it and he had his GoPro with him and videotaped it and there is proof. Ah and virgin Maria is also a big one, cant wait for the facts how she received a child without....u know...

Quote:
At the end of the day, if all you plan on doing here is ignoring everything I say because your mind is already made up no matter what information I provide, I’ll just offer a retort as eloquently as you did by simply saying “We’ll agree to disagree.” .
Na sorry, thats too easy. You told its a FACT that god exists. So now please deliver them.

Quote:
I simply don’t have the faith it takes to NOT believe in a single maker. There’s far, far too much happenstance involved with what it would’ve taken to have all of us come totally into existence by some explosion, frolicking as an amoeba for millions of years before eventually becoming a monkey only to then turn into a man (somehow still living alongside, wait for it, MONKEYS). Again, but I digress....
Yeah because "someone" creating the world in seven days, cutting a rip out and creating a female person out of it, receiving a child without human intercourse etc etc etc etc...that makes so much more sense

Quote:
As for your stance that no one has the right to force beliefs onto someone else, you are absolutely right. Despite this country’s early foundations being built around the belief in God.
Taking land from native people and kill them all in the name of god...yes, you are right. I mean im german so i know the history of the church pretty well and how the church was until the late 1800s pretty much involved in every conflict, war etc. In europe, during the crusades etc. Was just lovely stuff happening over almost 2000 years in the name and "believes" of "god"
And then this lovely stuff of ten thousands of child abuse scandals with a systematic cover up, lovely.

Or that lovely missionar going to the Sentinal Islands. People minding their own business for thousands of year, never tried to reach out, never tried to attack or hurt anyone outside of their island...but yet this guy and his organisation thought they have the RIGHT to force their believes onto this people. Knowing they would endanger the entire tribe getting wiped out by an disease they cant handle. Ah remember that interview with Mary Ho from All Nations after the death of this guy? She sais they sent him and that the travel ban was lifted and it was legal for him to go there. They sent him on a tourist visa there because legally he had to apply for a missionars visa that he would never ever had gotten claiming he wanna go to the Sentinal. So this lovely christian woman just lied coldblooded on purpose to millions of viewers. Thats the spirit!

Quote:
He gives you all the tools, methods to know him (thereby HAVING proof by EXPERIENCING Him, which IS the proof but I wasn’t even going to type that above because, well, how do you experience that if you refuse to accept Him?).
Sorry, thats not proof of anything

Quote:
That said, I’m not going to have an argument about it on a Mavericks forum. I’ve said my peace on the matter and truly hope it’s helped in some way, but if not, I accept that and will leave it to God to do the rest. I pray you’ll reconsider though.
If you refuse to argue after stating that you have facts/proof for your claims, then dont start this whole crap in the beginning. Thats just lame.

Last edited by sefant77; 01-30-2019 at 09:34 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote