Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 09:48 PM   #225
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I’m all aboard the Bamba train btw...
I feel like a DeAndre Jordan-like piece is somewhat outdated in the current NBA. It is nice to have a rebounder, shot blocker/rim protector (especially with the Mavs history of Centers), but I see Bamba's skill set as being a clear downgrade from what a player like Ayton/Bagley Jr/Doncic offer in upside & skill.

My other knock on Bamba is some scouting services have him listed at 6-9; although, everyone seems to agree his wingspan is 7-10!! And if you've ever seen any highlights of him flushing a one-hand jam you can see just how impressive his wingspan is. If the Mavericks do wind up in that 5-7 area & Bamba falls to them as the BPA, then I can live with it. Honestly, I think I still might prefer a Mikal Bridges type, maybe strongly prefer, but I can see why folks are attracted to Bamba. Also, there's always the chance Bamba can develop a mid range game & increase his FT% to a respectable level, so he's not a liability at the end of the game.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote