View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #153
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
People are writing JET off a bit too quickly. His skills are most certainly on the decline. And, unfortunately, he hasn't performed well in the playoffs since 2006. He's not a first or second option. But when he's at his best, he's a legitimate third option. Yeah, it's not as good as having Odom, but we're not the Lakers.

I guess I'm just hesistant to believe that JET is "done" because he had a subpar season,when the season before that he was the best 6th Man in the league. It's possible his skills sharply declined that quicky and there's no turning back, but it's equally possible that he just had a subpar year.

As for the playoffs thing, it's really inexcusable. He's gotta play better when it counts. But I'll point out that the sample size isn't exactly large. We haven't been in many playoff series since 2006....

*edit* This obviously only refers to offense and scoring. JET is a defensive liability, as we all know. But with Marion, Kidd (most of the time), and the centers we have, that shouldn't be a dealbreaker.
I agree with this...I just wonder if Paul were here would that resurrect JET to his deadly sniper status of a couples season's ago or would it sound the death knell for his time in big D. I totally agree that "The Good JT" is a viable 3rd scoring option...but how often to we get "The Good JT"? 45% of the time? (A fair question to counter my own is how often does the 3rd option have to be at his best?)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-23-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: knell not knoll :)
sike is offline   Reply With Quote