View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well first of all, I don't really equate Martin to either one of them. Martin is a better shooter than Jet and a better slasher than Josh (9+ FT's a game makes me drool).

He's also tall enough to play SF depending on the matchup, especially considering the defensive flexibility that Marion and Kidd give you. I think there'd be matchups where a Dirk/Marion/Martin/Terry/Kidd five some doesn't kill you defensively.

In more traditional matchups, I do agree that he'd probably push Jet closer to a real 6th man role, meaning he probably wouldn't finish games.

But really, when you're talking about acquiring an offensive talent like Martin, does it really matter whose minutes he's truly replacing?
I agree - offensively it seems like Martin could replace Howard, Terry AND Barea's skillsets at the 2.

Kidd/Martin/Ross/Roddy seem like the right mix of skills in the backcourt - having Terry and/or Barea would be a luxury of depth at the 1/2.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote