View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #35
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
First of all, there isn't a chance in hell that the Mavs take on Brand and Iggy's contracts. It's just not happening. So it's pretty pointless to debate.

Beyond that, Brand is not "in a slump". He's no longer very good. And he's an undersized PF that can't play any defense. He's like a more expensive version of Drew Gooden that scores a little better. There's no way he plays more than 20 minutes a night for this team, and he's making $51 million over the next three seasons.

You'd be insane to trade anything of any value to Philly for Elton Brand. Again...yuck.
I know that trade isnt likely at all, but i still like to debate over it. And i gonna watch Brand the next years very closely.

About Martin: He doesnt play defense at all. And he is an injury prone. Thats why im a little bit worried about this one. But of course i do Josh-Martin.but pairing Martin with Terry for some time on the court gonna be ugly, specially in the playoffs. Defense wins championships.

Thats why i take Iggy 1:1 over Martin. Iggy has durability, is a package on both end of the court (Iggys defense >> Martins better offense) and you can pair Terry with him.

And Brand isnt done and he showed the last weeks he is still WAY better than Drew Gooden. You doesnt collect 2 blocks over your career playing no or Drew Gooden defense. And like i wrote, thats the trade you can ship out Carrolls 11 mio, so its 40/3 for Brand actually. I take that 29mio he makes more than a kind of useless Nocioni.

Yes i take Martin+Noci for Josh and crap.

Last edited by sefant77; 01-22-2010 at 12:26 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote