View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #53
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Interesting....I took sometime to pounder the pros and cons of Martin, Butler and Iggy before I posted. I took a look at the adjusted plus and minus for each one for the last 3 years and Iggy and Butler clearly have the better numbers.

Iggy 10.52
Butler 9.23
Martin -3.44

My heart thinks that Martin will be the best offensive option but the fact that he is often injured and his FG% have dropped in the last 2 years made me reluctant to consider him the best option.

Butler is perhaps the easy to adquire taking into consideration that the Wizards are looking to shed payroll and will not be asking the Mavs to take any more additional long term contracts, I just don't know if Caron is truly a SG capable of defending the other teams SG.

Iggy is not the offensive player that Martin is but overall IMO the guy is the best player of the 3 a true SG with great handles, good passer and rebounder and a top perimeter defender a combo of Marion and Iggy will give the Mavs without any doubt the best wing defense in the league, also the guy is only 25, seen to be improving every year and is a respectable 45-46 FG% scorer. Iggy is also the kind of player that teams will be interested to couple with the Dust Chip in case the Mavs decide to go for a blockbuster in the offseason. The issue is what the Mavs will be willing to accept as far as additional contracts, the only way I see Iggy leaving the 76ers is either with Daly or Brand and that is when things get murky.

All things considered Caron looks to be the easiest to adquire and I will not be dissapointed if JHO is all it takes.

But my wish list number one option is Iggy

Last edited by pepe; 01-22-2010 at 03:47 PM.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote