View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #62
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I probably agree that Iguodala might be the slightly better player overall. But Kevin Martin is one of the best pure scorers in the NBA. And he's not just a scorer, he's a very pure shooter. I can't imagine why he would have difficulty fitting into any offense. Comparing him to Richard Jefferson doesn't make any sense.

Defense and finishing on the break is not what we need. We need a real, true second scoring option.
agree 100%

I would love to have either Iggy or Martin on this team. Iggy is reliable, and a great slashing/finisher. In addition, Iggy is great on defense, and the defensive capabilities of Kidd, Marion, and Iggy makes me drool.

HOWEVER

I think Martin is the player that puts this team over the top, potentially. He is one of the purest scorers I have seen outside of the obvious top 4. He is a great shooter, and provides the 3 point shooting that this team needed even when Jet was shooting well with Josh healthy, and this team ESPECIALLY needs that 3 point shooting now. Couple that with the rest of his offensive skills and I think this is a championship caliber team. I also think that, under Carlisle, Kmart would DEFINITELY step up his defense. And a starting 5 of Kidd, Kmart, Marion, Dirk, and Damp I think brings one of the best starting 5's in basketball
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote