View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #66
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Iggy is just a better overall package.

He missed 6 games in 5,5 years, thats huge. You need to play 100+ games to win the title, i just dont see it with Kevin Martin. Same with Yao, McGrady or Baron, you dont win titles with such players because there is always a huge chance they are going down.

So Martin can score at will. Iggy gives you 10 points less, but WAY better defense, rebouding and passing. We all throw up watching Terry and Barea together at defense, it will be the same with Terry-Martin.

I take durability, rebounding, passing and matching with Terry over better scoring any day.

And if we get Martin and then Bosh with the Dustchip its 2004 all over. Incredible offense and horrible defense. I prefer to become the Pistons than the Suns. Pistons won the title.
Your comparisons are utterly ridiculous. Martin is in NO way comparable to Yao, McGrady, or Baron. Martin is still young, we don't know what path his career will take yet, there is always the chance that he will gain weight and become less injury prone. Martin allows us to have an absolutely DOMINANT, UNSTOPPABLE offensive team, while still maintaining defense with Ross, Marion, Kidd, and Damp. Martin is EXACTLY what this team needs. And even if we got Bosh, we would be in no way comparable to the Suns when they were at their height. First of all, the Mavs with Bosh and Martin would be FAR more talented in all aspects of the game, PG aside, than the Suns ever were, or will be.

Please watch basketball for awhile longer before even beginning to allude to the comparisons you just made.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote