View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #70
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforlife09 View Post
Your comparisons are utterly ridiculous. Martin is in NO way comparable to Yao, McGrady, or Baron. Martin is still young, we don't know what path his career will take yet, there is always the chance that he will gain weight and become less injury prone. Martin allows us to have an absolutely DOMINANT, UNSTOPPABLE offensive team, while still maintaining defense with Ross, Marion, Kidd, and Damp. Martin is EXACTLY what this team needs. And even if we got Bosh, we would be in no way comparable to the Suns when they were at their height. First of all, the Mavs with Bosh and Martin would be FAR more talented in all aspects of the game, PG aside, than the Suns ever were, or will be.

Please watch basketball for awhile longer before even beginning to allude to the comparisons you just made.
I pretty sure i watched more games than you in the last years.

Martin is young AND allready injury plaged. Thats also a result of his game, reckless driving into the paint. He is just a player you cant rely on and with that he is in the same category than a McGrady or Baron. And we need to rely on the health of an important player or its Josh 2.0 all over.

And yes, i still like my Suns comparison. Sure we would have a higher talent level but guess what, everyone else got way better sine the "Suns" years (Lakers, Magic etc).

But again: I take Martin in a trade, of course.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote