View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 05:11 PM   #71
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

I'm not saying it's likely to happen, nor that it should happen. But it is completely possible for us to get two of the three players on our radar. Of our tradeable expiring bait, we have JHo, Gooden, Singleton, Barea, and Ross. That's a combined 18.9 million worth of expirings. Martin is 9.6, Iggy is 12.2, and Butler is 9.7.

We'd be able to do a Josh for one of the player, and a package of Gooden, Barea, Ross/Singleton for another. Or just figure out the other combinations to get 2 of the 3. Take this for example: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yjlpuak

That would make:

Damp/Gooden (after the 30 days)
Dirk/TT/Marion
Iggy/Marion
Martin/Terry
Kidd/RoddyB

I love Barea, but this would let Roddy get some minutes. Sadly, I don't think RC is too high on that idea though. We'd also be moving Marion to the bench, which I don't see as bad, because usually vets love to come off the bench, especially since that would match him up against a lot of the reserve guys on other teams, who I think he would dominate. Not to mention a combo of Iggy and Marion defending the dangerous swingmen on other teams excites me.

Just some food for thought.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
At some point Marc updated his article with the following:

If the Mavs aren't willing to take on a bad contract then I think the only chance to get Martin is to include Roddy. And I would do that...I think.

I suppose the Kings could be really desperate to unload salary, but I'd have to think someone else would step up and offer salary relief AND some talent for a player of Martin's caliber.
Then I don't see us making any moves including Dalembert or Brand. That means those 3 players are the only ones in our sights, no cancerous tumors of contracts coming with a talented player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!

Last edited by Nowitzki4President; 01-22-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote