View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #39
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Does your perspective advocate deporting persons who were brought into the country when they were 2 years old by their parents, without documentation, and who grew up in the United States, were educated in U.S. schools, who speak English as a primary language, who are rooted in American culture, and have no ties to their country of origin, some of whom are college graduates, academic high achievers, law school graduates, medical school students......

do you demand that people who fit these profiles be denied any chance at citizenship ever, be denied the right to vote ever, and be deported forthwith?

What about soldiers who risked their lives serving their country? What about parents who LOST children who were serving their country? Not enough sacrifice?

It's easy to talk all big and blustery in the abstract, but when you start looking at specific cases, you'll never get and sustain political support zero-tolerance deportations. You just end up sounding like a crackpot. That's why your perspective will lose this issue.

You think citizenship is too easy to attain? I think it's too dificult to lose. I'd kinda like to see some discussion about stripping under-educated, big-talkin' fascists of their right to vote, maybe talk about deporting them to a foreign hot-spot to "re-earn" their citizenship, and understand what it's like to be somewhere with no legal protection, and no legal standing.

Requirement #1 for re-earning citizenship would be to demonstrate empathy for the immigrant.

Requirement #2 would be to make it through law school as an undocumented student, studying in a second language. If you have that kind of resourcefulness, you deserve to vote.

Requirement #3 would be to demonstrate language proficiency in a second language. 'Cajones'....I don't think that word means what you think it means. If you're gonna use the language, learn the language. That's right....LEARN the language. AsÃ* que, hasta la vista, pinche pendejón.
Wow. This is a textbook example of getting UNDRESSED. I see your cojones, dude. It's not appealing.

In fact, that's more than getting undressed. That is getting eviscerated.

One slight concern, dude. Are you keeping yourself mentally in shape? I've noticed that several of your posts lately have more or less abandoned any care for syntax. That can be a sign to pay attention to.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote