View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 11:45 AM   #62
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I'm not understanding the love for Otto Porter all of a sudden. He's going to be making $27 next year and $28.5 after that while being at best an above average players. His numbers are down this year but looking at last year, his 5th year in the league:
31.6 mpg
14.7 ppg
50.3 fg%
44.1 3p%
6.4 rbg

Is he some kind of defensive beast? I'm not getting why he gets a max deal and why everyone on here is willing to take on that contract. Wes either goes completely off the books or takes a significant paycut and probably role change next year. DP has one more year on his contract which is overpaid but $10 isn't as high as it used to be (think more like $7).

I just don't see making Porter our big splash in the off season because he's likely to suck up all of our cap space if we decide to keep DJ also.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote