View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 07:31 PM   #113
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Carlisle is just weird with his rotations and always has been. He loves some guys and not others, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rhyme or reason to it. I firmly believe that he will keep starting Powell until Powell is no longer a Maverick, even though Powell might be the worst player on the team, and even though Porzingis is way better as a 5 than a 4. I really hope I'm wrong about that, but that is what I'm expecting.

I will also go to my grave believing that we would have beaten the Spurs in 2010 if Rick played Beaubois instead of Barea.
I have a long standing belief which I’ve vocalised here many times that part of our issue here is the “triangulation” of the MBT. Which results in trades like the one for Rondo which Rick seemed never to be on board with. Cuban is great in some ways but him being such an active owner I’m sure can at times be an impediment. Not drafting Giannis is a great example where are know he overruled Donnie (and it was dumb!)

I think Jae Crowder is a good example of Rick’s blind spot or limitation. If he had been given a bigger role, which in hindsight he was ready for, we may not have made that trade. Or at least flipped Jae for something better later. We also gave them like the 18 pick and Wright. Roby may or may not turn out to be another gaffe, too soon to tell. The takeaway is I hope all our rookies get a good look at some point before we ship them off unceremoniously.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote