View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 11:26 PM   #96
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I just read that if the Mavs are going to give Wood and extension then it has to be no later than December 24th...

https://thesmokingcuban.com/posts/da...center-upgrade
I think the article is incorrect. There isn't an extension DEADLINE. It is actually the STARTING date for a new contract.

Right now we are within the 6 month window since the trade and can only offer him a max extension of 2 years $35,220,949 (3 years max - remainder of this year and 2 additional years).

But Dallas can offer a 4 year $76,970,660 contract extension beginning on Dec 24th.

So if Wood doesn't sign a new deal with Dallas by January then there is a good chance we lose him.

+++

https://cbabreakdown.com/trades#:~:t...%20transaction.

A team may extend and trade a player within these rules. An extension-and-trade is allowed if (i) the contract covers no more than 3 seasons (including any years remaining in the original contract), (ii) the salary in the first year of the extended term is no more than 105% of the salary in the last year of the original term, and (iii) the annual salary increases are no more than 5% of the salary in the first season covered by the extended term.

To prevent teams from getting around these limitations, teams cannot trade any player that signs an extension covering more than 3 seasons, a higher salary, or with larger annual increases for the next 6 months.

Similarly, if a team receives a player in a trade, then for the next 6 months following that trade the team cannot sign the player to an extension that would violate the limitations for an extension-and-trade transaction.

Last edited by MFFL; 12-06-2022 at 11:28 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote