View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 11:32 AM   #100
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I can see why Cuban would wait. It's not like Wood cost us a lot. The guys we traded are mostly not NBA talent. Sterling Brown, Trey Burke, and Marquese Chriss were all waived and have not gotten contracts. Boban has only played 7 games for the Rockets and he's averaging 3.6mpg in the few games he plays. Wendell Moore (the 26th pick) could be something, but so far he has struggled in the NBA and was traded to Minn

If we give Wood 4/77 and we underperform, we will be
1) well into the tax and on our way to the repeat tax
2) without a 2023 FRP and barely any other FRPs
3) most of our current roster locked up long term into mediocrity

Of course, if we gel, then it's a different story, but that is why we wait.

I like Christian Wood and losing Brunson for nothing was painful. I get that he wanted to leave so I'm not upset that he left-- just that we didn't get anything for him. Right now I hope we keep him, but I wouldn't be sad if he was on another team after the TDL or next year-- I just hope we can parlay that into something because we are so asset-poor.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-07-2022 at 11:50 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote