View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #11
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

First I'm glad this was actually in the Mavs section...or I would not have seen this thread. Hopefully the thread police don't move it...oh wait they did, hope I can find my way back...never mind, just gripping about some juvenile micromanaging by Thread Police.

Regarding the topic itself...I see no reason why the Mavs wouldn't at least explore the option.

What's the cost of a trade/acquisition and what's the reward (Best and Worst case scenerio)

How would T-Mac react on this squad for this coach and group of personnel?

Is he ready to take a role similar to that of Finley when he left the Mavs for the Spurs?

Collectively, you would have Dirk, Marion, Kidd, T-Mac...plus a healthy group of role players.

Could they gel together into the RC system, or would personalities get in the way and ruin the team chemistry that has been built.

Can they each play a hot game with reduced minutes, all in the name of staying healthy and building the best 8/9 man rotation for the post-season.

The thing with T-Mac is that you get two players...one of which can take over any game against any opponent...similar to Dirk, Kidd, Marion...and other league stars such as LeBron, Kobe, KG, Duncan, etc...but you also get the flip side...

A player who disappears, typically in the highest of crunch times, and one who has struggled to stay healthy.

Obviously a healthy T-Mac would help ANY team in the NBA, however there is a cost. Is he reliable, can the rest of the team count on him...is he willing to be humble and work within the context of a team, or does he believe his teams are better when he takes over?

Personally, if I could bring him in on the cheap, I would give it a shot...but I'ld also be willing to cut my losses after 10 or so days, if he didn't immidiately gel with the core of the team.

Most likely, he will be too expensive in a trade or otherwise and with that in mind, my vote would be no...I like what the Mavs already have and they could be strong enough to win a title without him.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote